Workforce Essentials Adult Education Program
Proudly serving Tennessee Adult Education District 5
If you are in search of earning your High School Equivalency Diploma, you've come to the right place! Workforce Essentials is the premier high school equivalency preparation program in Tennessee Adult Education District 5. We conveniently offer morning, evening, and even some weekend classes in all 13 of our counties shown above, completely free of charge to our students. We also have online classes available for many of our students!
Our high school equivalency program is designed to help you quickly pass the HiSET exam, earn your diploma, and move ahead toward your goals. Our teachers and staff are very well trained to walk you through your journey and help you learn the skills you need to take this step forward in your life.
In addition to our high school equivalency program, we offer Integrated English Language and Civics (IELC) classes for non-native English speakers. These classes are also free of charge, and will equip students with the ability to speak, read, and write in English, while at the same time teaching students about the US Government!
Our classes take place in several different locations throughout our 13 county district, in order to make attending classes as convenient as possible. Please contact us any time via phone, email or stopping by one of our offices.
You can also visit us on Facebook!
Why should I earn my high school equivalency diploma?
Once you earn your diploma you can:
- Earn $10,000 more per year than those without a High School Diploma
- Qualify for the Hope Scholarship, TN Promise, or TN Reconnect
- Qualify for a new job, a promotion, or a pay raise
How do I sign up for classes?
- Call one of our offices to get signed up for an orientation at the location nearest you. Orientations are held during the mornings and evenings several times per month in each of our 13 counties. You just need to give us a call at 1-800-826-3177 to register! You can also register for orientation online HERE.
How do your classes work?
- At the end of orientation, you will be assigned to a class best suited to your educational needs and personal schedule. Classes are offered in the morning, evening, and some weekends, and students can typically attend 1 - 4 class sessions per week.
How long will this take me?
- The time it takes to earn a diploma varies from student to student. It all depends on your background knowledge, motivation to come to class, and personal study habits! The only way to earn your diploma quickly is to fully commit yourself to the program. We will do everything we can to help you along the way!
What will I be learning?
- We prepare students to take the High School Equivalency Test (HISET). This test require students to have a fair level of knowledge in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. Our classes are designed to help you improve your skills in these areas, and to prepare you to succeed on test day. Click here for more information about HiSET.