American Job Centers & WIOA Services
Effectively utilizing federal and state workforce grants, the American Job Centers provide training opportunities for people who have been laid off from their job, receiving public assistance, persons with disabilities who are ready to work, mature workers, Veterans, and individuals who want to secure their high school diploma. Officially, we offer Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services, and here's the bottom line…
The American Job Centers will help you sharpen your job search skills*:
- Resumé writing
- Interview skills
- Filling out applications
- Short-term training or tuition assistance for in-demand careers
- Financial support during training ie: daycare, mileage, certification fee assistance, uniforms, books
Use the American Job Center as your personal job search headquarters:
- Assess your skills and develop a career plan.
- Match your skills with current job openings.
- File your unemployment insurance claim.
- Improve your resumé writing and interview skills.
- Boost your skills through targeted workshops and training.
- Connections to local employers
- Access to the Internet, telephones, fax machines and career information.
*Must meet federal program guidelines for some services and intensity of training.